When you have a non-conformance in the laboratory, how do you approach it?
Do you jump in and start treating the symptoms? Or do you stop to consider whether there’s actually a deeper problem that needs your attention?
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a popular and often-used technique that helps people answer the question of why the problem occurred in the first place.
If you only fix the symptoms – what you see on the surface – the problem will almost certainly happen again… which will lead you to fix it, again, and again, and again. If, instead, you look deeper to figure out why the non-conformance is occurring, you can fix the underlying systems and processes that caused it.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Defining the Problem
- Examining the Data
- Identifying Possible Causal Factors
- Identifying the Root Cause(s)
- Taking Corrective Action
- Verifying the effectiveness of the corrective action
Who Will Benefit
- Microbiology QA Managers
- Microbiological QC Analysts
- QA/QC Managers/Supervisors
- Laboratory Managers/Supervisors
- Personnel responsible for QC and resolving non-conformances