COVID-19 has brought home the importance of public health expertise and investment. How should VA/HTA address risks and benefits of public health policy interventions? How do we model the interactions between health and other sectors in our economy? What are the roles of the public vs private sector in public health infrastructure and interventions? Are there policy implications for public health investment that VA/HTA can help frame?
After attending this webinar, participants will be empowered to:
- Describe how to incorporate policy and non-pharmaceutical interventions in the VA/HTA
- Discuss how VA/HTA accounts for effect of new treatments on non-COVID related care and the long-run health and multi-sectoral impacts
- Consider how to address public health infrastructure investment, and how to set priorities
- Define methods that can help evaluate and prioritize policy interventions
- Articulate the role of US and global government agencies and other stakeholders in public health investment