The workshop covers eight topics: be prepared, clear, readable, coherent, concise, relevant, visually aware, correct and consistent.
- After the workshops, participants should be more confident in the following:
- Approaching an agency writing test
- Writing in a clear, concise and readable style that is appropriate and relevant for the intended audience
- Constructing good sentences and paragraphs and enabling ideas to flow smoothly through text
- Using familiar words and not overusing adverbs and adjectives
- Formatting documents effectively by maximising white space and using good subheadings, lists, figures and tables
- Using appropriate grammar, words and punctuation commonly encountered in scientific writing
- Proofreading their work using good technique and a checklist.