Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 2-3pm, ET
Join us for the second installment in the discussion on the application of value frameworks and assessment tools when designing formularies and determining product coverage. This webinar will discuss the tools and frameworks that exist to assist in the necessary trade-offs between clinical benefit and cost of care and how best can “value added” be defined. The speakers will draw on international and US specific perspectives and include a summary of NPC’s (National Pharmaceutical Council) recent research on the increasing number of value frameworks that have been developed or will be made available shortly. Individuals are not required to have participated in the first webinar in order to participate in this webinar.
The discussion will include:
- Identification of best practices that underlie the framework development process
- A comparison of key attributes of emerging value assessment tools
- Lessons gained from experience outside the US, including perspectives for costing, budget impact considerations and factors such as severity of disease
Feedback from US health care decision makers on their perspectives and use of value framework and assessment tools will also be included. Join us for these continuing discussions and an opportunity to ask your questions to these respected researchers.
- Laurie Fazio, VP, Market Access Technologies, Dymaxium
- Robert W. Dubois, MD, PhD, Executive Vice-President & Chief Science Officer, National Pharmaceutical Council
- Dr. Michael F. Drummond, Professor of Health Economics, Centre for Health Economics, University of York, Dymaxium