The AcademyHealth Health Information Technology Interest Group is hosting a webinar series on research networks and their relevance for the AcademyHealth community. In advance of the 2020 Annual Research Meeting, the series continues with a presentation on Dataworks from TriNetX.
Speakers will discuss the source and design of Dataworks, provide a peak at the depth of clinical information available via the TriNetX Research Platform, and showcase examples of successful research projects which have leveraged the both the platform and Dataworks to generate real-world evidence and insights.
At the conclusion of the session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the benefits and limitations of EMR data for outcomes research
- Understand how a federated EMR can help with the study of rare disease
- Understand how Dataworks’ clinical depth can provide unique insights into patient populations of interest
- Understand various use cases for of Dataworks including supplementation with chart review, identification of synthetic control arm trial cohorts, and how to follow patients prospectively in real-time
- Understand how researchers and students can gain access to Dataworks and the TriNetX Research Platform