The world is currently faced with a pandemic of novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), which is caused by Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). Join our upcoming webinar to learn how to manage ongoing CAGT trials, get an overview of the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical manifestations of COVID-19, the application of cell and gene therapies (CAGT) to this disease, new CAGT for COVID-19 on the horizon, and key considerations for CAGT trials. Hear lessons learned conducting CAGT trials during the early period of the COVID-19 crisis that may help in planning for the future.
- Understand epidemiology, basic science, pathophysiology, and clinical manifestations of infection with SARS-CoV-2
- Discover potential application of CAGT therapies for treatment of COVID-19
- Get an overview of new CAGT COVID-19 therapies in development (cell therapy for ARDS) and application of CAGT science to COVID-19 (CRISPR for treatment)
- Considerations for COVID-19 and CAGT trial
- Study design – placebo-controlled, endpoints
- How to manage trials and overcome operational issues – administration, streamlining ops, virtual follow up
- Study population and ethical issues – critically ill, consent, placebo-controlled, burden on sites during crisis