The best medical science liaison (MSL) teams have made significant changes to adapt to a whole new world. The pharma companies getting the best results from their MSLs have been busy: widening their remit, embracing technology, and fine-tuning structure and focus. What does a forward-thinking MSL team now look like?
In March 2018, we interviewed 8 MSL leads from pharma companies in the US and Europe and found out how their MSL teams are staying current.
- How are MSL activities and priorities shifting in response to regulatory changes and funding restrictions?
- What can be done to keep and develop talented MSLs as the role becomes increasingly complex?
- Is there an optimum MSL team set-up? How many people; how many brands; when in the lifecycle is MSL introduced?
- How should digital tools be used for to deliver practical results rather than expensive promises?
- How can MSLs more cleverly collaborate and communicate internally whilst still maintaining the all-important commercial/MA firewall?
- What are the most current ways to measure MSL performance and demonstrate value?
For more information and purchasing details on this syndicated report from FirstWord, click here.