Rapidly developing Blockchain technology can deliver transparent, secure and reliable data sharing. It also has the prospect of streamlining business processes, saving on costs and building trusted relationships with stakeholders. But what are the risks to healthcare inherent with blockchain technology and how can these be overcome? Where could blockchain really benefit pharma and what are the cultural, investment and operational challenges adopters would face?
In Blockchain: Transformational change for Pharma? we interviewed leading blockchain advocates to help you identify practical applications, evaluate where blockchain could drive transformational change and the key issues pharma must consider.
Experts scan the blockchain horizon
- How can the data-sharing capabilities of blockchain technology lead to lower development costs and increased efficiency?
- How can blockchain facilitate pharma’s go-to-market strategy?
- How will improved transparency via blockchain promote the shift away from a fee-for-service payment model?
- What specific internal skills and capabilities will pharma companies need for pursuing blockchain technology?
- What specific types of value will blockchain bring to patients, clinicians, payers and regulators?
- How might blockchain have an impact on the delivery of value-based care in the future?