Xcenda is excited to offer students the opportunity to apply for a paid ten-week summer internship that is focused on applying health economic and outcomes research (HEOR) to generate real-world evidence that supports product value propositions for global pharmaceutical and medical device companies. This exciting, learning experience will be based in Palm Harbor, Florida at Xcenda headquarters. Xcenda is a leading consulting company specializing in providing innovative services within the managed markets arena. Be a part of our long history of helping companies commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Students will engage with leaders and learn unique perspectives on market access, health care delivery, and career advancement. A stipend will be provided to assist with some of the costs associated with travel and relocation accommodations.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This internship is designed to be a hands-on research and educational experience in a HEOR consulting environment. It is expected that the intern will work on retrospective/prospective database analysis projects in various disease areas while interacting with pharmaceutical companies throughout the United States. Topics for research projects will include but are not limited to, one or more of the following areas: costs and resource utilization analysis; treatment patterns assessments; effectiveness assessments; and reimbursement policy analysis.
On a day-to-day basis, the intern will participate in one or more of the following areas of research:
- Research design
- Large database management and analysis
- Development of research proposals
- Development of study reports and/or conference submissions for research dissemination
- Logistics and implementation issues associated with research studies
- Health outcomes strategy
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Candidates will be selected from a national pool of graduate students working toward a Doctor of Philosophy or equivalent degree in HEOR or a related discipline
- Experience in SAS programming required (knowledge of STATA or R programming is a plus)
- A demonstrated record of scientific publication is preferred, but not required
- An understanding of analytical concepts and research methods pertaining to HEOR and the ability to effectively communicate this understanding in both verbal and written form
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Availability is required through the length of our 10-week program, dates are June 3, 2019 through August 9, 2019.
- Application Submission Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Phone Interviews: January – February 2019
- Candidate Selection: March 2019
- Internship Dates: June 3, 2019 - August 9, 2019
- Letter of Intent/Cover Letter (up to 300 words)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Copy of School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation (will only be requested if selected for a 2nd round interview).