Xcenda is a leading consulting company specializing in providing innovative services within the managed markets arena. We are excited to offer students the opportunity to apply for a paid ten-week summer internship that is focused on applying medical writing and medical communications skills to scientific, humanistic and health economic data and while working with global pharmaceutical companies. This learning experience will be based in Tampa, Florida at the Xcenda headquarters.
Be a part of our long history of helping companies commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Students will engage with internal leaders and learn unique perspectives on consulting, communication of outcome data to payers and manufacturers, health care delivery, and career advancement. A stipend will be provided to assist with some of the costs associated with travel and relocation accommodations.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
This internship is designed to give a basic understanding of the effects of healthcare interventions on patients and payers, focusing on clinical, economic, and humanistic outcomes. Specifically, the summer internship in Medical Communications places an emphasis on review and evaluation of the medical literature and the healthcare landscape, with the intent of developing various stakeholder communication pieces, including Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Format formulary dossiers, global value dossiers, scientific publications (eg, posters and manuscripts), and field-based scientific slide decks. In addition, training will be provided on how to systematically review the literature and conduct either qualitative or quantitative analyses.
On a day-to-day basis, the intern will participate in one or more of the following areas:
- Serve as a content developer for product formulary dossiers, including AMCP Format dossier and global reimbursement dossiers, among others
- Serve as a researcher on literature review engagements
- Serve as a medical writer for peer-reviewed publications including manuscripts, conference abstracts, or posters
- Development content for clinical and scientific presentations
- Provide clinical support (eg, literature searching) and medical writing support for health economic and outcomes research activities such as economic model planning, market research, proposals or new business development, and other clinical activities
- Develop background content for research protocols, study reports, abstracts, posters, publications
- Support goals for the business unit/service line, as applicable
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Full-time students enrolled in a Doctor of Pharmacy, PhD, or Master’s degree.
- Prior experience or interest in medical writing
- An understanding of the payer and healthcare landscape and the ability to effectively communicate this understanding in both verbal and written form
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- A demonstrated record of scientific publication is preferred, but not required
- Availability is required through the length of our 10-week program, dates are June 3, 2019 through August 9, 2019.
- Application Submission Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Phone Interviews: January – February 2019
- Candidate Selection: March 2019
- Internship Dates: June 3, 2019 - August 9, 2019
- Letter of Intent/Cover Letter (up to 300 words)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Copy of School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation (will only be requested if selected for a 2nd round interview).