Xcenda is a leading consulting company specializing in providing innovative services within the managed markets arena. We are excited to offer students the opportunity to apply for a paid twelve-week summer internship that is focused on applying health economic and market access strategies while working with global pharmaceutical companies. This learning experience will be based in Tampa, Florida at the Xcenda headquarters.
Be a part of our long history of helping companies commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Students will engage with internal leaders and learn unique perspectives on market access, health care delivery, and career advancement. A stipend will be provided to assist with some of the costs associated with travel and relocation accommodations.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This internship is designed to give a basic understanding of the effects of healthcare interventions, focusing on clinical, economic, and humanistic outcomes. Project work may include assisting with any of the following items: formulary dossier development, market research, economic model development, quality improvement, new business development, disease management literature reviews, outcome analyzers, product market assessments, and health economic outcomes research training tools development, etc,.
On a day-to-day basis, the intern will participate in one or more of the following areas of research:
- Design and implement health outcomes and or epidemiology studies
- Develop background content for research protocols, study reports, abstracts, posters, publications
- Research information for development of training tools, policy research, landscape/gap assessments
- Market research: value proposition, advisory boards, in-depth payer interviews
- Contribute to the development of proposals, new business development and capability decks that convey the excellence of Xcenda's services
- Assist in development and sharing of medical writing and publications
- Outcome analyzers
- Model and analysis design
What your background should look like (minimum qualifications)
- Full-time student enrolled in a Doctor of Pharmacy, PhD, or Master’s degree program in a related field (public health, health outcomes, epidemiology, other degrees commensurate with healthcare consulting) are eligible to apply.
- Prior experience in outcomes research/health economics
- An understanding of analytical concepts and research methods pertaining to HEOR and the ability to effectively communicate this understanding in both verbal and written form
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- A demonstrated record of scientific publication is preferred, but not required
- Availability is required through the length of our 12-week program, dates are June 3, 2019 through August 23, 2019.
- Application Submission Deadline: January 31, 2019
- Phone Interviews: January – February 2019
- Candidate Selection: March 2019
- Internship Dates: June 3, 2019 - August 23, 2019
- Letter of Intent/Cover Letter (up to 500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Copy of School Transcript
- Two Letters of Recommendation (may only be requested if selected for a 2nd round interview).