Established in 2007, we are a rapidly growing and energetic consultancy – a diverse group of professional scientists, health economists and industry specialists with a proven track record in providing global market access solutions to some of the biggest healthcare industries so that patients get access to medicines. Patients get access to medicines as a result of our work; we are proud of our internationally renowned science work.
- We apply robust scientific approaches and methodologies. Quality science comes first.
- We combine the expertise of our team together with a worldwide professional network.
- We continuously learn and improve.
- 90% of our projects are repeat or referral from our existing customers.
- The majority of our team are educated to PhD level.
- We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are constantly expanding our evidence generation team to meet the global demand for this service.
You can learn more of what we do and who we are at https://phmr.com/
About the role
We are looking for an individual with expertise in designing and executing clinical and economic evidence generation strategies to support our client’s HEOR, pricing and market access needs. The successful candidate will join our growing team in Ireland and will play a key role in the acquisition, planning and management of PHMR research projects across a wide range of methodological and therapeutic areas, including oncology, infectious disease, cardiovascular disease, diagnostics, and neurological disorders. The Senior HE-RWE scientist position offers the opportunity to guide the development of evidence generation strategies that improve patient access to emerging medical technologies.
- Lead the development of research questions, study protocols and statistical analysis plans for health economic and real world evidence generation activities
- Lead and/or coordinate the management and analysis of real world datasets to derive clinically and economically meaningful outputs
- Lead and contribute to the development of novel approaches to generate evidence to overcome current challenges in health technology assessment and market access
- Lead proactive business development activities including proposal development and client relationship building
- Independently manage assigned projects developing project outlines, scheduling interim deliverables and meeting final delivery dates
- Develop and prepare abstracts, manuscripts and/or presentations to conferences for internal and external projects
- Contribute to improving operational efficiencies of workflows, including writing of SOPs and quality management documents
- Lead or contribute to the writing of study reports and manuscripts
- Manage and mentor junior staff in developing their methodological expertise
- MPH, MSc or PhD (or an equivalent degree) in epidemiology, economics, statistics or a related discipline
- 2+ years of post-graduate work experience designing and executing evidence generation activities to support HEOR, market access or other aspects of drug development
- Statistical programming experience in SAS, Stata, or R
- Ability to effectively manage and juggle between multiple tasks and projects
- Ability to meet short deadlines with high quality results
- Project budgeting skills
- Effective team management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-experts
- Excellent command of English, oral and written
- Alignment to PHMR values:
Integrity: we do the right thing
Quality focus: we continually pursue excellence
Ambitious: we are tenacious and sustainable
Collegiate: we support and learn from each other
Fun: we enjoy our work
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience working with large electronic health record datasets (e.g. CPRD, THIN, HES, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic principles of economics, HEOR and market access in key world markets
- Knowledge of health technology assessment processes (e.g. NICE, NCPE)
- Experience in planning and executing indirect treatment comparisons
- Experience planning and carrying out systematic reviews
- Medical writing experience
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals and abstracts in scientific conferences
- Familiarity with economic modelling methodology
PHMR can offer:
- Permanent full-time position in an engaging company culture
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Opportunities to publish research
- Competitive salary
To apply for this position please submit your CV and covering letter explaining why you think you would be suited to the role and reasons for wishing to join our office in Ireland to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates wishing to discuss the position, please call +44 (0) 203 695 5807 for an informal chat with Dr Cormac Sammon (Chief Medical Officer/Senior Epidemiologist). No agencies please.
All candidates are eligible to apply for our roles and will be considered on suitability and merit throughout the recruitment process. However, at the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in Ireland.