Established in 2007, we are a rapidly growing and energetic consultancy – a diverse group of professional scientists, health economists and industry specialists with a proven track record in providing global market access solutions to some of the biggest healthcare industries so that patients get access to medicines. Patients get access to medicines as a result of our work; and we are proud of our internationally renowned science work.
- We apply robust scientific approaches and methodologies. Quality science comes first.
- We combine the expertise of our team together with a worldwide professional network.
- We continuously learn and improve.
- 90% of our projects are repeat or referral from our existing customers.
- The majority of our team are educated to PhD level.
- We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are constantly expanding our health economics team to meet the global demand for this service.
You can learn more of what we do and who we are at https://phmr.com/
Duties and responsibilities of the role:
We are looking for a Senior Health Economics and Outcomes Researcher to join our vibrant and growing health economics team.
The key responsibilities of the role are to design, implement and analyse health outcomes research studies. This may include design and analysis of patient-reported outcomes (PRO) data in clinical studies, development and validation of PRO measures, design and analysis of preference elicitation studies (e.g. time trade-off, discrete choice experiments).
Additional responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Internal and external day-to-day management of projects;
- Client management;
- Study design development and implementation across a variety of therapeutic areas;
- Drafting reports and contributing to HTA submissions;
- Preparation of draft analysis plans, model specification reports and presentations;
- Contributing to, or leading, a range of other HTA projects;
- Drafting abstracts and manuscripts as lead or co-author;
- Mentoring and training junior staff;
- Development of proposals;
- Managing project budgets.
- Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics, health technology assessment (HTA) or psychology (with a psychometrics component)
- A minimum three years of experience of health outcomes research (for Senior position)
- Demonstrated strong quantitative skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the methods of PRO development and analysis, or comprehensive knowledge of preference elicitation methods
- Good business sense and strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to think critically to challenge input and offer creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration among multidisciplinary teams by applying communication and interpersonal skills
- A can-do approach to all tasks and commitment to delivering timely high-quality results
- Fluency in written and verbal English
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Alignment to PHMR values:
Integrity: we do the right thing
Quality focus: we continually pursue excellence
Ambitious: we are tenacious and sustainable
Collegiate: we support and learn from each other
Fun: we enjoy our work
- Experience in client management
- Experience of successfully managing projects
- A good understanding of the global payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, and formulary management
Consideration will be given to exceptional but less experienced candidates for an entry level position.
For an informal discussion and further details please contact Dr Louise Longworth (Chief Scientific Officer) at +44 (0) 203 695 5800. No agencies please.
PHMR can offer:
- Permanent full-time position in an engaging company culture
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Opportunities to publish research
- Competitive salary
To apply for this position please submit your CV and covering letter explaining why you think you would be suited to the role and reasons for wishing to join our office in London to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All candidates are eligible to apply for our roles and will be considered on suitability and merit throughout the recruitment process. However, at the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.