Established in 2007, we are a rapidly growing and energetic consultancy – a diverse group of professional scientists, health economists and industry specialists with a proven track record in providing global market access solutions to some of the biggest healthcare industries so that patients get access to medicines. Patients get access to medicines as a result of our work. Our science is internationally renowned, and we are proud of our work.
- We apply robust scientific approaches and methodologies. Quality science comes first.
- We combine the expertise of our team together with a worldwide professional network.
- We continuously learn and improve.
- 90% of our projects are repeat or referral from our existing customers.
- The majority of our team are educated to PhD level.
- We embrace diversity in all its forms.
Purpose of the role: to lead the development of health economic models and lead or support a range of health economics projects
The main responsibilities of the role include developing economic models and conducting health economics analyses. Additional responsibilities include:
- Internal and external day-to-day management of projects;
- Study design development and implementation across a variety of therapeutic areas;
- Drafting reports and contributing to HTA submissions;
- Client management
- Preparation of draft analysis plans, model specification reports and presentations;
- Presenting results to clients;
- Drafting abstracts and manuscripts as lead or co-author;
- Mentoring and training junior staff;
- Potential line management responsibilities;
- Development of proposals;
- Managing project budgets.
Requirements / performance dimensions:
Functional technical expertise
- Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics, economic modelling or related discipline
- Strong knowledge of decision analytic modelling, including a range of modelling approaches
- Good knowledge of health economics and HTA methodologies and processes
- Significant experience of developing health economic models for HTA purposes: conceptualisation, design and implementation
- A strong understanding of the global payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement and pricing
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience of successful proposal development
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues
- Excellent quantitative skills, including econometrics
- Good knowledge of statistical software packages (e.g. STATA, R)
- Fluency in English
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills
Alignment to PHMR values
Integrity: we do the right thing
Quality focus: we continually pursue excellence
Ambitious: we are tenacious and sustainable
Collegiate: we support and learn from each other
Fun: we enjoy our work
Great to work with
Line management (desirable)
PHMR can offer:
- Permanent employment in a high employee-engagement culture;
- Further professional development opportunities;
- Opportunities to publish research;
- Competitive salary.
Candidates wishing to discuss the position, please request an informal chat with Dr Louise Longworth, our Chief Scientific Officer. No agencies please.
Candidates wishing to apply for the position should submit their CV and covering letter.
All candidates are eligible to apply for our roles and will be considered on suitability and merit throughout the recruitment process. However, at the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.