Independently completes basic and some more advanced project management tasks; requires senior supervision for complex scientific tasks.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Developing understanding of health outcomes research principles and familiarity with key aspects of the literature (historical and current).
- Ability to efficiently and effectively manage portfolio of projects.
- Master's-level understanding of relevant methodology and statistics.
- Extensive knowledge of practical research implementation.
- Developing knowledge of regulatory issues relevant to outcomes research globally.
- Collaborative team member, capable of efficient multi-tasking.
- Prepares near-final drafts of proposals, protocols, site training materials, and basic report sections and first drafts of dossiers, statistical analysis plans, gap analyses, complex report sections, and manuscripts.
- Oversees data collection and management, including efficient and effective delegation and oversight; conducts primary data collection, including moderating or co-moderating focus groups and/or conducting one-on-one cognitive interviews.
- Assists with or oversees data analysis and literature reviews.
- Developing an understanding of psychometric analysis and PRO development and validation.
- Maintains familiarity with current scientific literature. May co-author presentations for scientific conferences and manuscripts for scientific journals.
- Assumes primary responsibility for day-to-day tasks related to the project, including making decisions related to the project either alone or in conjunction with more senior staff.
- Involved with client communication, and may be primary point of contact with client.
- Efficient delegation and communication with project team, and ensures proper staffing and oversight on project. Able to track timelines and keep project team and PI informed in order to complete work within the expected timeframe.
- Knows project management systems (electronic and paper filing, SOP requirements, finance office practices, IRB needs, etc) and implements as required.
- Oversees site recruitment and management tasks conducted by more junior staff.
- Travel 0-10% of the time.
Financial & Business Development
- Communicates effectively with clients.
- Writes and/or reviews project proposals, including budgets.
- May interact with clients to win new business
- Meets annual target utilization rate of 78%, unless otherwise specified
OR Operations Support
- Participates in staff recruitment efforts (phone screening, interviewing, attending presentations, etc)
- May attend scientific conferences for professional development/training
- Conforming to SOPs and other Medco requirements
- Conduct and participate in the training of junior staff and new hires
- May supervise employees (up to and including Research Associate II)
Provide leadership, oversight, mentoring and guidance to junior staff in a formal and informal role
Minimum Education Level/Years of Experience
- Master’s degree in scientific discipline and at least three years of experience in relevant field; or
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline and at least five years of experience in relevant field.
Computer programming or software skills required for position
MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel for entry into the position, Atlas.ti or advanced qualitative research skills; Access data entry; InFormU; EndNote; PubMed/embase; DataFax to be utilized in position. Ability to read and understand SAS output preferred.
Specific skills or knowledge required for position
- Extensive knowledge of fundamentals of health outcomes/human subjects research principles and good clinical practices
- Extensive knowledge of practical research implementation
- Well-developed communication skills and scientific writing skills
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to independently manage, oversee, and/or lead a variety of project-related tasks and effectively delegates tasks to project team
- Demonstrates ability to manage client relationships
- Collaborative team member, capable of efficient multi-tasking
What we can offer you
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression.
You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers.
Our London office boasts a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all of our staff.
Evidera is a global research consulting group that partners with life sciences organizations worldwide to develop, capture, and communicate the clinical and economic evidence required to substantiate the value of their products and optimize their products’ market access and commercial success. Our research and consulting services are driven by world-class science and thought leadership and leverage a unique combination of capabilities in health economics, outcomes research, market access, data analytics, and epidemiology.