Established in 2007, we are a rapidly growing and energetic consultancy – a diverse group of professional scientists, health economists and industry specialists with a proven track record in providing global market access solutions to some of the biggest healthcare industries so that patients get access to medicines. Patients get access to medicines as a result of our work; and we are proud of our internationally renowned science work.
- We apply robust scientific approaches and methodologies. Quality science comes first.
- We combine the expertise of our team together with a worldwide professional network.
- We continuously learn and improve.
- 90% of our projects are repeat or referral from our existing customers.
- The majority of our team are educated to PhD level.
- We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are constantly expanding our evidence generation team to meet the global demand for this service.
You can learn more of what we do and who we are at https://phmr.com/
About the role
This role will be focused on the evaluation of peer-reviewed literature and health technology assessments in the field of health economics covering disease burden, clinical trials, health-related quality of life and cost-effectiveness evaluations. The successful candidate will work with other team members on a diverse range of projects across numerous therapeutic areas, including infectious, cardiovascular and genitourinary diseases, oncology, and neurological disorders. This position will require the dissemination of the generated evidence to clients in the pharmaceutical sector via teleconference, PowerPoint slide deck, Word reports and the submission of manuscripts for peer-review.
- Undertaking of pragmatic and systematic literature reviews covering clinical efficacy, health related quality of life, health economics and epidemiology
- Undertaking of medical writing and value communications work to support client market access
- Delivering original, accurate, high-quality content within the project scope, timeline, and budget
- Researching and writing fully-referenced scientific documents to a high standard based on clinical, scientific, and pharmacoeconomic literature, across a wide variety of therapeutic areas
- Participating in project status meetings, client teleconferences, and face-to-face meetings
- Supporting content development for other project work and business development materials
- PhD in life sciences or MSc in health economics
- Excellent attention to detail, including style, grammar, scientific accuracy, format and design
- Willingness to develop into a client facing / business development role
- Ability to deliver projects to timescales and budgets
- Alignment to PHMR values:
Integrity: we do the right thing
Quality focus: we continually pursue excellence
Ambitious: we are tenacious and sustainable
Collegiate: we support and learn from each other
Fun: we enjoy our work
- Experience of systematic literature review methodology
- Understanding of the fundamental concepts of health economics
- Understanding processes of pharmaceutical market access
- Previous experience of a consultancy environment
Consideration will also be given to exceptional but less experienced candidates.
PHMR can offer:
- Permanent full-time employment in a friendly working environment
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- City centre offices
To apply for this position please submit your CV and covering letter explaining why you think you would be suited to the role and reasons for wishing to join our office in Newcastle to email@example.com.
All candidates are eligible to apply for our roles and will be considered on suitability and merit throughout the recruitment process. However, at the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.