Lead Health Economist
Location: UK- London / Abingdon or US- Boston / New York
This is an opportunity to work for ICON Health Economics (HE), a division of ICON plc, an international clinical research organisation headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Our Health Economics group has offices in Abingdon and London (UK), Stockholm (Sweden), New York and Boston (USA), and Bangalore (India). We are respected globally for the quality and innovation of our work, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
ICON HE consulting practice is currently seeking a Lead Health Economist to join our team. The team is highly respected in the field of health technology assessment (HTA) for both the quality of our work and methodological innovations. Our research is frequently used to support decision making at the National Health Technology agencies.
The candidate will be required to contribute to all aspects of the group’s work and support the Global HE practice. In addition, the candidate recruited for this role will be expected to utilise their skills in decision modelling and related statistical analysis to contribute to all aspects of the department’s work as well as supporting the development of the Health Economics team globally. We are dedicated to furthering our research and development in the field of Health Economics and, as such, promote publication of work undertaken. The candidate recruited for the role will be actively encouraged to publish work they contribute to.
ICON HE is a division of ICON plc. an international clinical research organisation headquartered in Dublin, Ireland.
Overview of the role
- Manage all aspects of large health economic modelling projects and ensure the quality of all deliverables meets client requirements
- Identify and manage training needs in junior modellers and provide on the job training and support as required
- Liaise with senior management in all ICON HE offices globally to identify developmental needs in junior modellers and to provide training when possible
- Establish and maintain client relationships and lead proposal development for health economic related projects
- Provide strategic contribution to business development processes
- Manage the development and preparation of peer-reviewed publications arising from all health economic projects
- Liaise with senior management across the global HE group to identify developmental needs in junior modellers and to provide training when possible
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in health economics or a related quantitative discipline, such as operational research, medical statistics, or epidemiology.
- Experience in designing and developing health economic models
- Experience in analysing individual patient level data for use in economic models
- Experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Significant experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Proven project management experience, in particular the ability to lead a team of junior analysts
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- High self-motivation
- Leadership potential
Benefits of Working at ICON
This is a permanent, full time position based in our offices in UK- White City (London) or Abingdon (Oxford) or US - Boston or New York City.
We are committed to supporting the growth and development of the health economics team. As such, the candidate recruited for this role will receive external training as well as on the job training from our senior scientists and be offered opportunities to attend and present at major international conferences (health economic and clinical).