Health Economic Modeller/Statistician
US- Boston/NYC or UK- London/Abingdon
This is an opportunity to work for ICON Health Economics (HE), a division of ICON plc, an international clinical research organisation headquartered in Dublin, Ireland. Our Health Economics group has offices in Abingdon and London (UK), Stockholm (Sweden), Houten (Netherlands), New York and Boston (USA), and Bangalore (India). We are respected globally for the quality and innovation of our work, undertaking consultancy projects for international clients in both the pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
ICON HE is currently seeking a Health Economic Modeller/ Statistician to join our team. The team is highly respected in the field of health technology assessment (HTA) for both the quality of our work and methodological innovations. Our research is frequently used to support decision making at the National Health Technology agencies.
The candidate recruited for this role will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the group’s work and, in particular to utilise and develop their skills in decision modelling, network meta-analysis and related statistical analyses. In return the candidate will receive extensive on the job training from our senior scientists as well as the opportunity to attend external technical training courses and to attend and present at major international conferences. We are dedicated to furthering our research and development in the field of Health Economics and, as such, promote publication of work undertaken. The candidate recruited for the role will be actively encouraged to publish work they contribute to.
In addition, for current MSc students, we could provide a choice of relevant dissertation topics and the opportunity to conduct their dissertation with us in London. In addition to providing the research topic, students can expect to receive support from our senior team during the dissertation process.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Master’s degree, or equivalent, in a numerate subject (e.g. economics, mathematics, medical statistics, management science), preferably including a strong statistics component. Individuals currently studying for an MSc in a relevant subject are also encouraged to apply.
- A genuine interest in HTA and economic evaluation methods and applications
- Experience in developing health economic models, undertaking survival analysis and/or individual patient analysis, or network meta-analyses is desirable
- Experience with Microsoft Excel® and experience with one or more of the following statistical packages (R, STATA, SAS, WinBUGs).
- Experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as project management skills is required
- Some relevant experience within a consulting, academic or pharmaceutical/ devices industry environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- A strong desire to learn quickly and to gain a deep understanding of the work of the group.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Leadership potential.
Benefits of Working at ICON
This is a permanent, full time position based in our offices in White City Campus, London or Abingdon, Oxford.
We are committed to supporting the growth and development of the health economics team. As such, the candidate recruited for this role will receive external training as well as on the job training from our senior scientists and be offered opportunities to attend and present at major international conferences (health economic and clinical).
ICON is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.