Location: Primrose Hill, London, UK
(Location in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK or Westport, Ireland may be possible subject to agreement)
Type: Permanent, office-based
Salary: On application, and commensurate with experience
Established in 2007, we are a rapidly growing and energetic consultancy – a diverse group of professional scientists, health economists and industry specialists with a proven track record in providing global market access solutions to some of the biggest healthcare industries so that patients get access to medicines. Patients get access to medicines as a result of our work. Our science is internationally renowned.
We are proud of our work.
- We apply robust scientific approaches and methodologies. Quality science comes first.
- We combine the expertise of our team together with a worldwide professional network.
- We continuously learn and improve.
- 90% of our projects are repeat or referral from our existing customers.
- The majority of our team are educated to PhD level.
- We embrace diversity in all its forms.
We are constantly expanding our health economics team to meet the global demand for this service.
You can learn more of what we do and who we are at https://phmr.com/
Duties and responsibilities of the role:
PHMR are delighted to announce a new opportunity for an experienced health economics modeller to lead our expanding modelling team. The Head of Economic Modelling will be a key member of our senior management team and will lead our growing team of talented economic modellers. The successful candidate will have proven project and people leadership skills and extensive experience in developing health economic models for health technology assessment (HTA). Qualification to MSc level or above in health economics, operational research, mathematics and/or econometrics is also required.
The position is expected to be based in our head office in Primrose Hill, London. However, there may be an opportunity to be based in our offices in Newcastle-upon-Tyne or Westport (Ireland) subject to agreement.
The main responsibilities of the role include leading and developing our growing economic modelling team and acting as a technical expert for the team on modelling projects. The role also includes acting as a key contact for clients.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Technical leadership for economic modelling
- Leadership and line management of economic modelling team;
- Internal and external day-to-day management of projects;
- Study design development and implementation across a variety of therapeutic areas;
- Drafting reports and contributing to HTA submissions;
- Preparation of draft analysis plans, model specification reports and presentations;
- Drafting abstracts and manuscripts as lead or co-author;
- Development of proposals;
- Quality assurance of economic models and technical reports;
- Managing project budgets.
- 5+ years of experience in HE&OR modelling;
- Higher degree (PhD or MSc) in health economics, operational research, mathematics or econometrics;
- Extensive experience in the implementation of cost-effectiveness and budget impact analyses using statistical/ mathematical modelling techniques such as decision tree analysis, Markov modelling and/ or discrete event simulations;
- Experience of successfully managing projects;
- Experience of reviewing health economic data (such as resource use, cost and health-related preference data) across a variety of therapeutic areas;
- Extensive knowledge of health technology assessment methods and processes;
- Experience in developing HEOR strategies to support value proposition development for various markets:
- Understanding of the global payer environment, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing and contracting, formulary management and health technology assessment;
- Good business sense and strong analytical skills as well as ability to think critically to challenge input and offer creative solutions;
- Capability to learn, adapt and apply available and new systems and tools to improve the quality of processes and output;
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration among multidisciplinary teams by applying communication and interpersonal skills;
- A can-do approach to all tasks and commitment to delivering timely high-quality results;
- Fluency in English (for writing papers, reports, proposals, giving presentations and mentoring junior staff);
- Excellent MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Alignment to PHMR values:
Integrity: we do the right thing
Quality focus: we continually pursue excellence
Ambitious: we are tenacious and sustainable
Collegiate: we support and learn from each other
Fun: we enjoy our work
- Experience in line management and/or leading a team
- Experience of working in a health economics consultancy environment
- Practical knowledge systematic reviews, meta-analyses, network meta-analyses and/or survival analyses
- Experience of specialist statistical and modelling software such as R, WinBUGS, STATA and/or specialist discrete event simulation software.
PHMR can offer:
- Permanent full-time position in an engaging company culture
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Opportunities to publish research
- Competitive salary
To apply for this position please submit your CV and covering letter explaining why you think you would be suited to the role and reasons for wishing to join one of our offices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates wishing to discuss the position, please call +44 (0) 203 695 5800 for an informal chat with Dr Louise Longworth (Chief Scientific Officer) or Dr Mark Ratcliffe (Chief Executive). No agencies please.
All candidates are eligible to apply for our roles and will be considered on suitability and merit throughout the recruitment process. However, at the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in either in the UK or in Ireland, depending on the agreed location.