The Market Access Communications team within Evidera’s Evidence, Modeling, and Communications (EMC) division is a group of medical writing experts who develop global value dossiers, AMCP dossiers for US payers, Health Technology Assessment submissions for various global markets, value stories, and related market access deliverables for clients in the biopharmaceutical industry. In this role you will be working closely with the senior directors of the team, the focus being excellence in project delivery, combined with staff training and development. A significant contribution to business development activities is also expected. The role also includes contributing to the overall growth and strategic direction of the unit, building company-wide relationships with other senior Evidera staff, and responsibility for key client relationship management and thought leadership.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Hands-on leadership of projects allocated according to availability, client familiarity or history, and disease area knowledge, with overall responsibility for successful project delivery (quality, timeliness, client satisfaction, and financial performance)
- Originate content as required, particularly for those tasks requiring senior input, e.g. value story, market access strategy, payer concerns.
- Implement improvements in processes, particularly as they relate to maintaining scientific standards in our deliverables
- Identify training and development needs for the Market Access Communications team, as well as the broader EMC team, and help to develop and deliver training to address knowledge gaps
- Line management of one or more in-house writers (coaching, mentoring, monitoring development needs, and conducting performance reviews), according to team needs (staff management is not the major focus of this role)
- Build and maintain new and existing client relationships and write proposals to ensure sufficient sales to meet the group’s performance targets.
- Identify opportunities for selling across Evidera practices – either collaborative projects involving dossiers and other offerings, or stand-alone projects for any practice.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Very strong experience in agency or consultancy environment in a writing-focused role
- Significant experience in medical writing/communications; understanding of market access, experience in developing value dossiers, and a basic understanding of health economics are desirable but not essential
- Experienced project leader, both in a client-facing role and as a within-project manager of people
- Ability to align deliverables with a client’s strategic objectives
- Experience in mentoring more junior writers and providing clear and constructive feedback
- Proven ability to manage projects to budget and timelines across therapy areas
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and drug development process
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and statistics
- Fluent written and spoken English
- MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Advanced degree in life science discipline or commensurate experience in medical writing/communications
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Judgment