Join Avalere Health principal Mike Schneider as he discusses why traditional Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) are deciding that now may be the right time to set up group purchasing organizations (GPO’s). GPO’s typically purchase drugs and supplies at substantial discounts which adds an additional layer of complexity to the PBM-GPO relationship since PBM’s are required to pass on any rebates to patients. Topics covered include:
- What does a GPO add to a PBM?
- Rebates vs driving more revenue
- PBMs vs safe harbors
- The net impact on the commercial side
- PBMs vs pharmaceutical manufacturers
- How PBMs are shifting their models
Listen to the full podcast here.