The Journal of Clinical Pathways (JCP) invites you to submit research, quality improvement, and perspectives manuscripts for consideration. Articles detailing field implementation of clinical pathways or other value-based care initiatives are particularly encouraged.
Publishing ten issues per year, JCP charges no fees related to submission, boasts a quick submission to publication turnaround time, and all content is open access. The 2021 yearly print circulation is over 25,000 individuals, including government payers, reimbursement specialists, ACO (accountable care organization) oncologists and hematologists, and Medicare payer professionals. Digital circulation exceeds 32,000 healthcare professionals, value-based care decision makers, and payers.
Manuscript topics may include but are not limited to:
- Challenges and solutions in the delivery of novel therapies
- Leveraging pathways in alternative payment models
- Use and operationalization of clinical pathways in community cancer centers
- Integrating real-world data and genomics in clinical practice
- Comparative-effectiveness research
- Enhancing healthcare stakeholder collaboration
- HEOR research
“The convergence of innovations in big data and incentives for practicing value-based medicine has brought clinical pathways to the forefront as a means to drive precision and optimization of care for patients. The journal provides a forum for discussions of advancements in real-world data and the development of defined treatment pathways to address rising costs, mitigate patient risk, reduce variability, and achieve better, more predictable outcomes.”
(Source: Journal of Clinical Pathways, 2021)