A handful of recent studies suggest more robust transparency measures are needed before consumers can begin to see more significant benefits.
Check out the articles below to read more:
- State Drug Pricing Transparency Laws: Numerous Efforts, Most Fall Short
- Prices Paid to Hospitals by Private Health Plans Are High Relative to Medicare and Vary Widely
- Marketwide Price Transparency Suggests Significant Opportunities For Value-Based Purchasing
- JAMA Forum: Federal Government Increases Focus on Price Transparency
- Where There’s A Will There’s A Way: Hospitals Push The Price Transparency Envelope