This viewpoint seeks to stimulate a balanced debate by posing 7 questions for the advocates of personalized medicine:
- Does the human genome contribute to disease risk prediction?
- Will gene-based drug targeting and development fulfill its promise?
- What will EMRs Contribute?
- What kinds of studies should be mounted in personalized medicine?
- How should institutional conflicts of interest be managed in personalized medicine?
- How will personalized medicine affect the costs of medical care?
- Where is the public health benefit?
Get the answers here. (Source: JAMA, 6/22/15)