The National Quality Forum (NQF) released a draft report on June 1, 2020 entitled “Patient-Reported Outcomes: Best Practices on Selection and Data Collection”. The National Pharmaceutical Council (NPC) submitted comments to NQF on the draft report, as follows:
- Applauding the emphasis on patient engagement and recommending the inclusion of caregivers during measure selection and implementation
- Using more inclusive terminology: “patient-reported measures” (PRMs) and “patient-reported performance measures” (PR-PMs)
- Adding domains to capture socioeconomic status and multiple facets of the patient experience
- Supporting the inclusion of the attribute grid with suggestions to expand and clarify
- Supporting implementation recommendations with additional discussion of funding
NPC has a long history of conducting research in patient-reported outcomes in oncology, working in partnership with Discern Health, and this partnership has released a 2019 white paper: Improving Patient-reported Measures in Oncology.
For more information, click here. https://www.npcnow.org/blog/npc-weighs-nqfs-draft-report-patient-reported-outcomes