As blockchain technology stands poised to revolutionize the health care industry, how can payers and providers best leverage the transformative technology?
A 2017 HealthITAnalytics report offers five cases where payers and providers stand to benefit from adopting blockchain tech, including:
- Provider licensure and credentialing;
- Payer administration and data exchange for value-based care;
- Supply chain management and medication monitoring;
- Public health surveillance and population health management; and
- Revenue cycle management and fraud prevention.
According to the report, Illinois was among the first states to test the waters after announcing it had partnered with Hashed Health in a pilot aimed at keeping a centralized record of certifications and credentials.
“Illinois is committed to moving beyond the much-discussed promise of distributed ledger technologies,” Illinois Blockchain Initiative’s Jennifer O’Rourke told HealthITAnalytics.
To read the full report, click here.