Why You Should Attend
Health Technology Assessments in the EU are rapidly and continuously evolving. Most countries have their own HTA body with a different level of maturity and different views on how the HTA process should be conducted – combine this with the multiple EU wide organisations and stakeholders also involved and the situation can become very complex!
The Content: With this challenge in mind, The Health Technology Assessment Course is designed to give you an up-to-date overview of everything you need to know about HTAs in the EU. You will leave with practical advice on how to optimize processes and criteria in the preparation and conduct of a HTA.
The Expert: Prof. Dr. Lieven Annemans is ideally placed to deliver this training, not only due to his wide international experience in health economic evaluations, but also because he has been directly involved in the preparation, conduct and/or supervision of over 400 HTAs in recent years. Throughout his career, Lieven has worked in pharmaceutical companies, healthcare policy environments, academia and consultancy positions.
By Attending This Course, You Will
- Understand what Health Technology Assessment really means and the different types of HTAs across the EU.
- Understand the optimal HTA model, how to work effectively with the different HTA processes / stakeholders and how to influence decision-making.
- Learn how to determine the many possible criteria for assessment and their relative weights.
- Be introduced to the Health Economic principles used in HTAs and understand that there are many other factors at play in the assessment.
- Discover solutions to the most common problems and mistakes when optimising the quality of the clinical evidence.