The META Tool© is an online platform that helps developers of medical technologies optimise their product development plans.
It provides a structured framework to help identify gaps in a product’s evidence base and the potential next steps to help bring the product to market.
Created by NICE Scientific Advice (with support from Greater Manchester Academic Health Science Network, their delivery partner TRUSTECH and Devices for Dignity), the META Tool is designed to support facilitator-led consultations between Medtech developers and organisations that support and advise the life sciences industry.
If you are an organisation providing advice to clients in the Medtech healthcare sector and are interested in using the META Tool© with your clients you can send suitably qualified employees to the training day.
About the day and learning outcomes
The META Tool training programme will help trainees understand the background to META, its functionality and content to ensure effective use of the META Tool©.
In particular it will help you to:
- understand how medical technologies are assessed by HTA bodies, and the evidence developers will need in order to be successful;
- understand the structure of the META tool framework;
- understand how to review the submitted information in the developer’s synopsis;
- understand how to hold a face to face conversation with the developer and discuss the gaps in the synopsis; and
- understand how to produce a report for the developer.