As more life science companies prepare to launch new products and drive growth, senior-level finance and accounting professionals are shouldering greater responsibilities, with higher expectations from stakeholders.
CBI’s Financial Strategies and Accounting for Bioscience Companies is tailored to the distinctive business needs and technical accounting challenges for small-middle market biotech, pharmaceutical and device companies. During this CPE accredited event Finance and Accounting executives gain pre-revenue commercialization strategies, frameworks for managing gross-to-net estimates and mitigating risk, models to scale and grow a best-in-class finance function, timely updates on tax and legal matters, and industry expertise for communications and investor relations.
Attendance Benefits Include:
- CPE and CLE credits centered-on highly focused content, specific for life science companies;
- Up to the minute insight on the implications of new accounting rules, compliance issues and tax changes; and
- Opportunity for peer-to-peer benchmarking on issues such as organizational structure, staffing, frequency of forecast adjustments, data management approaches, tech/systems
- Product launch planning from a finance perspective;
- Gross-to-net accruals, forecasting and management;
- Building high-functioning teams and cultivating talent within finance;
- ERP systems — Case studies of implementations and systems strategies to scale for growth;
- IPO readiness and strategies for transitioning to the public markets;
- Corporate tax reform and assessment of impact to life science companies;
- Accounting for collaborative arrangements and R&D deals;
- Revenue recognition 2.0 — Lessons gleaned to date from implementation of changes;
- Lease accounting implementation;
- Product pricing and reimbursement issues;
- Outcomes-based contracting and implications from an accounting standpoint; and
- Managing third parties and CRO oversight.