The maturing key account management (KAM) model has transformed the way customer-facing teams operate: the challenge now is to use metrics that reflect the diversity of these sophisticated relationships and drive them forward. But what works for one contact or KAM may not be appropriate for the next. How should pharma be formally assessing the performance of KAMs? And how are goals and measures affecting the evolving role of the successful KAM?
In February 2018 we talked to 10 KAM experts from industry front-runners including Takeda, Sanofi and GSK.
Find out how what they’re doing about KAM metrics and how they’re overcoming the issues.
- Do quantitative performance indicators skew KAM focus?
- Just how credible are qualitative metrics? Is relying on ‘soft measures’ too risky?
- Which comes first: key account selection or company objectives?
- Is account planning and implementation performance measured effectively?
- When and how often should metrics be adjusted for optimum effect?
- What is the right balance of short-term and long-term goals?
- KAMs versus other internal functions: collaboration or clash?
- Are KAM team metrics keeping pace with evolving customer needs?
What to expect from this report
Find out how to measure and monitor your most important business relationships more effectively.
We won’t waste your time with old data and common knowledge. KAM Metrics: Driving efficiency and measuring success gives fresh new insight into what the market leaders are doing right now – and you definitely won’t find this information anywhere else. This extensive report is jam-packed with valuable new qualitative research based on detailed interviews conducted last month (March 2018).