The Research Scientist is the independent PI responsible for overseeing preference and/or multi-criteria decision analysis studies (MCDA) projects; delegating project management tasks to more junior scientific staff. They take scientific responsibility for project completion; responsible for strategic consultation and for use of best methods to address research needs. They oversee and participate in a large project portfolio, innovate scientifically, produces output of high scientific quality, and assumes significant responsibilities for sales targets and client development.
Key Skills and Attributes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Deep and demonstrated understanding of preference elicitation techniques, such as discrete choice experiments (DCE), best-worst scaling (BWS), or swing weighting.
- Experience of statistics and/or decision modelling.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Ability to direct large portfolio of projects in terms of dollar volume and number of projects.
- Able to provide oversight, management, and mentoring to more junior staff on OR projects.
- Excellent ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: scientific, professional, and consulting.
- Ability to develop positive, collegial, and productive relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent time management and logistic skills to be highly effective in fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of scientific methods to prepare preference studies and/or MCDAs.
- Presents scientific work in peer-reviewed journals and at professional meetings
- Provides scientific leadership to team members
- Produces deliverables of high scientific quality
- Advises and implements best methods and scientific innovation in project plans and design.
- Highly productive in terms of number and volume of scientific projects responsible for, involved with, and consulting on.
- Develops and maintains client relationships.
- Understands pharmaceutical industry and relevant regulators.
- Identifies scientific methods/plans that help clients meet their goals as well as those that will not help clients meet their goals.
- Provides scientifically rigorous deliverables that best help clients meet their objectives.
- Helps clients prepare for regulatory meetings and attend regulatory meetings with clients as requested.
Financial & Business Development
- Brings in proposal leads.
- Writes proposals and managing proposal writing process.
- Closes sales.
- Meets annual target utilization.
- Manages internal timelines to ensure that deliverables meet external client timelines.
- Manages internal budget/staff hours per project not to exceed contracted budget.
- Manages scope creep or out of scope work.
- Manages legal/contracting issues.
OR Operations Support
- Supervises mid- level scientific staff.
- Develops and presents internal scientific trainings.
- Participates in staff recruitment efforts (phone screening, interviewing, attending presentations, etc.).
- Conforms to SOPs and other requirements.
- Actively supports new product development and scientific innovation.
Education Level/Years of Experience
Doctorate in scientific discipline and more than one year experience in relevant field; or
Master’s degree in scientific discipline and more than 5 years experience in relevant field
Computer programming or software skills required for position
MS Word, PPT, Excel; familiarity with SAS or similar data analysis software
Specific skills or knowledge required for position
Deep understanding of preference elicitation techniques, such as discrete choice experiment, best-worst scaling, swing weighting, or utility studies; advanced level understanding of relevant methodology and statistics; extensive knowledge of practical research implementation; excellent communication skills including professional presentations; ability to critically review literature and contribute successfully to peer-reviewed literature in health outcomes.
Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Our office locations have great amenities and frequent social events. We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all of our staff.
What we can offer you:
- Evidera offers a competitive salary and benefits package, with clear opportunities for growth and career progression.
- You will have the opportunity to work on multiple projects with some of the industry’s leading researchers.
- Our Waltham and Bethesda offices boast a fun and collaborative working environment, frequent social events and a robust support system.
- We are committed to providing training and professional development, with ample opportunity to advance, for all of our staff.
Evidera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.