Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes — while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
The Director of Health Economics and Outcomes Research will be responsible for preparing and analyzing health economic data as it relates to Dexcom products, services and industry trends. This individual will work with data files, economic models, third party payors, and government entities to establish cost effectiveness analysis and arguments to be used for global reimbursement and product positioning. This position will be an integral member of the global access team and work in a dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain the development and implementation of health cost economic analysis tools (spreadsheets and economic models) for third party payers and government entities. This will include primarily international efforts, as well as domestic.
- Participate as an integral member of Global Access team in the development of economic assessments and data management as it relates to data base repositories. Serve as a HEOR member of the Clinical, Regulatory and Applied Biostatistics team in the development of clinical studies as it relates to economic outcomes.
- Be resident expert in global health economics, clinical outcomes and health technology assessments relating to CGM, and associated Dexcom products and services.
- Maintain global database of HEOR and serve as global advisor to affiliate offices
- Analyze and present data from clinical trials, both investigator initiated and external studies, to develop cost effective approaches to product positioning.
- Utilize large databases and existing cost-effectiveness models (i.e., CORE diabetes model) to analyze costs, trends and perform analysis.
- Will assist in the writing of articles and preparation of materials to be used professionally by Dexcom.
- This position assumes and performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience working in HEOR field and/or demonstrated expertise in quantitative analysis and clinical expertise.
- Experience working with chronic disease states, preferably in diabetes. Enter qualifications preferred, such as certifications, industry experience, etc.
- Minimum of three - five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s (MA or MS) in relevant field (economics, health policy, public health, business) is preferred.
- Up to 50%